Apr 1, 2008

Follow up

Today I finally had my splint/cast thingy and stitches removed from my surgery 12 days ago (not that I was counting or anything). LOL! I am so very glad to have the use of my right hand back. However, I learned how to do much of what I needed done with my left. Writing, was not one of those things. It would have been fun but I needed my writing to be somewhat better than that of a kindergardener.

I won't regain full range of motion for another week to two weeks but other than that normal activities as usual, well, with some limitation.

This picture was taken after I removed the icky orange betadine from my arm. It was pretty alien looking. LOL!

4 comments:

Mummy Grabill said...

There's nothing like losing some freedom of movement to make you appreciate it! Hope all continues to go well for a speedy healing process. Love the new colors of you blog by the way!

jenshy said...

Glad to hear that you have most of the ability of your hand back! I hope the rest of your healing goes well!

Anne C. said...

Glad to hear things have gone well so far. When I was in college and at a boring lecture, I would entertain myself by writing with my left hand. You're right, it does look like a kindergartener's.

Hope things progress well and more quickly than you expect.

Hugs!

Unknown said...

EEeewww!

Just kidding, glad your recovery is coming along nicely. I kinda miss the Japanese garden photo but like the stronger colours of your site now.