Mar 26, 2008

New Experiences

Well, it's been quite the busy couple of weeks. Last week started with a trip to the ol' orthopod to see about removing the ganglion cyst from my right wrist, which was scheduled for Friday. This was coupled with work and a trip to Denver for a "check up" meeting with the companies owners. The week went by quick and the next thing I knew I was heading in for my outpatient surgery Friday afternoon. Oddly enough, as clumsy as I am this was the first time for ever having stitches or being in cast of any sort.

Everything went well and I am happy that I have only had little pain if any 98% of the time. The other times, well those of you who helped me move on Sunday got a small taste of my stubborn, bullheaded nature. LOL!! Needless to say, having lost partial use of my primary wrist has been quite frustrating at times. Though I adapt well, I am glad that I only have a few more days.

It is not often that I allow myself to be in a position where I somewhat need to depend on another person/people to help me to do things. This past weekend I struggled with this alot, I felt guilty that I wasn't able to do more. Only in the past day or so have I come to terms with the fact that it's alright to need help and it's okay to let those around you do just that.

On another note, I am now officially moved out of the house in Wellington. Thanks to the many wonderful friends and family that helped. THANK YOU ALL VERY, VERY MUCH!! I could not have done it with out your help.

Max, Gregg, Amy, Jeff, Dad & Brendan....THANK YOU!

To Max, Thank you everyday for you. For everything that you are! I LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Anne C. said...

Yep, that's a big lesson for us independent types. Good job! :)

And thank you to all who helped Jenn even though I'm sure she was probably cranky (I know I would have been). She deserves all the help she got. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Jeff's good humor had me in stitches - didn't notice Jenn being cranky or anything; okay stubborn "yes", cranky "no".

As for everything else ... hey, that's what family's all about.

Mummy Grabill said...

Jenn, I had no idea you were heading in to surgery! I'm glad all went well. Accepting help when you need it can be difficult. I agree (and second) what Gregg said "that's what family's all about". We are not just around for the fun times, but also for the pissy, boring, hard, and painful times as well. :-)

Brian had a GREAT time hanging out with all of you on Saturday.