May 7, 2009

A work in progress

So after spending all day working on art for someone else, I thought it would be nice to do something for myself. I still need some practice with my hand/eye coordination so I've been some of my favorite fantasy art as a good place to start. Below is a piece from one of my all time favorite fantasy artists, Luis Royo.


I started this piece last night and will take time to complete a little more each day as I can. It's taking me a while to get used to which tools and brushes do what and how to adjust them to get the effect I want. Art, other than work, has been a hobby I've been slacking on doing in my life. As much as I enjoy it, it's not something that I've ever spent a ton of time developing.

Anyway, I'll try to post every couple of days or so to show some progress on this piece. That is one of the things I enjoy the most...is seeing how a simple drawing or concept comes to completion.

2 comments:

Mummy Grabill said...

Can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Looks great! Remember to keep posting the progress!