Apr 30, 2008

Birthday Bliss Cont. - Steamboat Springs

Ahh...what a relaxing weekend away. Steamboat Springs was a blast. Max surprised me with a beautiful room at the Steamboat Grand Hotel located at the base of the slopes. While we visited during mud season (steamboats off season) we took advantage of the quiet luxury that the area offered.

It took some convincing but Max took me to the Strawberry Park Hot Springs which was absolutely breath taking. Having lived in Glenwood Springs for 4 years and taking full advantage of the hot springs pool I quickly figured out there truly no comparing absolute tranquility that the natural pools offer. Plus, there's the added benefit that the Strawberry Park Hot Springs carry no rotten egg smell like that of the Glenwood Springs counter part.

My handsome Birthday Companion treated us to a couples massage while at the pools. Each received a half hour of deep tissue massage and Watsu massage. The Watsu massage was an incredible experience. Both Max and myself had a difficult time coming back to Earth. The photo to the right shows the "Hobbit Hut" where they did our massages. It also has it's own private hot pool for the Watsu massages.

It was such a fantastic little get-a-way. I look forward to going back sometime very soon. There are many great little shops to walk through, in addition to some really great restaurants.

5 comments:

Anne C. said...

Sounds wonderful! Is it still "clothing optional" after dark? ;)

Mummy Grabill said...

I've always wanted to go to the natural hot springs. I'll take your suggestion on the one that is not "rotten egg" smelly. :-) I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Jenn said...

clothing is still optional after dark. LOL!

Unknown said...

Way to go Max on the planning! That sounds like THE PERFECT birthday weekend.... massages, hot springs, gorgeous hotel... FANTASTIC! I'm surprised Max didn't have to drag you back to the car, kicking and screaming the whole way! Thanks for the photos too. I always love to see what one is describing.

Jennifer said...

OMG, that looks like a fantastic place! What a great birthday present! I'm glad you two were able to go and have a splendid time!

BTW, I tagged you in my 5/12 blog post! Check it out and see if you want to participate! *HUG*