Mar 3, 2009

Working Woman

Since it's been a dog's age since I took the time to write a post. I suppose this would be an opportune time to update everyone with what's been going on in my world.

It's been a very busy year with the move to the new house, changing of jobs, dealing with health issues etc. I've learned quite a lot about myself in 2008 and feel that I have grown a lot as in individual.

As you all know, Max and I are getting married on April 18th. There has been a lot of wedding planning going on recently and I am very happy to report that we are now down to the finer details before the big day. While there is still much to do in a little over a months time, I feel that we have made a lot of progress. Check out our Wedding Website sign our guest book or leave us a note.

With the wedding quickly approaching I took my ring back to the jewler, Davier, that helped create the engagment band to start production on the wedding band which will fit like a puzzle with the engagment ring. They have run into a few snags with the design but are doing a fantastic job making sure everything fits together perfectly. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Most recently, about 4 weeks ago, I started working at a restaurant in Boulder called, Bimbamboo as a line cook. I've been searching for a while to find a part time job that would help to supplement some of the income needed while hours were down with my own company Phenix Marketing. This turned out to be the best move for me. I've been so burnt out with doing design work and working from home that I craved being in an atmosphere where I could be around people, learn new things and still be creative. So far I am really enjoying working at the restaurant and learning many new things that I can bring home to use when cooking up new ideas at home.

I've also been expressing my creative juices working on a mural for Aileen and Brian's newest eddition to the family, Alex. This has been a work in progress for many weeks, one which Anne and I are happy to report is nearing it's completion. Below are some photos of what we've been up to. They are a little dated as there have been quite a few completed editions to the mural since these were taken.

Before painting on the animals.

Just getting started

Work in Progress....

Finished Product!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenn

I love the animals, pity some of your original "jungle" ideas got vetoed. Still it a very cool thing and Alex will LOVE it as he grows up. No doubt he will love what his aunties Jenn and Anne did for him.

I'm pleased that we're both enjoying our new jobs ... pity I can't be there to share in your new-found skills (not yet anyway) :) All I can say is that you'd better feel like cooking in early April ;)

Love you!

Unknown said...

Just ADORABLE!!! Yeah... where is the landrover with Max & Gregg in it? Tee hee hee. I know they wanted to see that! Sounds like Gregg wants some home cooked meals when he gets home. HELP! :)